Last updated July 2012
What information do we use?
Apart from as a result of any cookie use you have accepted, you can view this website without providing any personal details to us. If you want to contact us, or us to contact you and/or to use certain facilities we provide on this website, you will need to provide us with some personal details. These details will vary, depending upon how and why you contact us and what you ask us to do for you, but may include:
- your name, address, telephone numbers and e-mail address;
- whether you are a current or former member of the armed forces
- the reason for your contact, which may be an enquiry, a customer service need, providing a comment or local information, or details in relation to a possible or actual sale or rental of property;
- your buyer status (first time buyer, house sold, subject to contract, no house for sale, or similar);
- your buyer need (buy to let or own home or similar);
- your preferred property locations and requirements (such as minimum number of bedrooms);
- your preferred price range;
- your personal opinion on the service provided by Annington Homes including the properties available and the property locations;
- details of where you heard about Annington;
- photos and/or testimonials to be featured on the website; and
- your contact preferences.
We may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics and experiences with our services in order to improve our services generally and in relation to your specific requirements.
We explain when we need information and when this is optional. If you do not provide us with information we need, we may not be able to progress your request, or progress it as quickly as we could do with the information.
We may receive information about you (including by post, email or telephone):
- directly from you or your authorised representatives or people acting on your behalf;
- through this website;
- from your completed registration of interest form;
- through your communications to us; and
- if agreed by you, from third parties such as your mortgage advisors or provider, legal advisors, or credit reference agencies (e.g. your credit rating).
What do we use your information for and who do we disclose it to?
We will use the information about you for the following purposes:
- to deal with your request or enquiry;
- to process the sale or rental of property to you as requested;
- to deal with and progress your registration of interest form;
- for internal record keeping;
- to improve our products and services;
- to contact you (directly, by one of our Annington group members or through a relevant partner or agent) by e-mail, phone or mail for the above reasons.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes, by email or otherwise and will only contact you in response to your request or registration of interest in order to deal with it. In that case, we will contact you using the contact details you have provided, which may include by email, and will try to comply with your contact preferences.
We may (depending upon what you have requested us to do) share your personal information on a need to know basis with the following parties to progress your request:
- our enquiry line;
- our customer service team;
- our sales enquiries office or sales agents;
- our rental enquiries office or rental partners or agents;
- your advisors or authorised representatives, legal advisors, your mortgage broker or advisor and mortgage provider.
This will involve sharing your details with other Annington group members, where they have relevant responsibilities, such as running our property sales or dealing with property rentals, or handling all customer service queries.
Your personal data will be made available for the purposes mentioned above and only to responsible service providers, management, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology and other corporate staff who properly need to know these details for their functions within the Annington group.
Your personal data may also be made available to third parties providing relevant services under contract to Annington, such as IT hosting and maintenance providers, or sales agents. Annington has appropriate security and privacy measures in place with such third parties covering how they hold and maintain any personal data that Annington provides to them or which they obtain on behalf of Annington.
Certain personal data may be reported to government authorities where required by law and for tax or other purposes. Personal data may also be released to external parties as required by legislation, or by legal process, or where reasonably deemed to be lawful and justified by Annington, such as to bring or defend legal proceedings, collect debts or to cooperate with a police investigation, as well as to parties you authorise Annington to release your personal data to.
We will not sell your personal data to any third party other than as part of any restructuring of Annington or sale of a relevant Annington business.
Keeping you informed
We will keep your details on record until we have completed dealing with your request, enquiry or transaction and then for a reasonable period afterwards, in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
Where you have registered your interest in buying or renting a property, if there are no suitable details at the time which we can help you with, we may keep your details on record for up to  months during which time, we may contact you to let you know if a suitable property has become or will become available.
If no properties become available in that period which we can help you with we shall securely delete your details and will not contact you again unless or until you request us to do so.
How do we handle your personal information?
Annington takes the protection of your privacy extremely seriously and has a number of measures in place to safeguard your information. Accordingly, Annington has security measures in place which are considered appropriate to the nature of the information and the harm that might result from a breach of security. For your protection we will also:
- not hold more information about you than is required for the purposes for which it is being processed;
- use reasonable endeavours to ensure that any information about you is accurate and kept up to date;
- not keep your information for longer that is necessary or as required by law;
- process your information in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.
What are your rights?
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have certain rights in relation to the information we hold about you. You can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998 and obtain a copy of those details which you would like to have.
You may request, by writing to the address below and enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to [Annington Homes Limited], details of the information that we hold about you. Details will be provided to you within 40 days of us receiving your clear request and fee.
Amending your Information
Please write to us or e-mail us using the address below if you would like us to modify any of the information that we hold about you or if you would like us to remove your information from our records. Please note that our ability to amend or delete your details may be subject to legal limitations e.g. we may not be able to delete your files until we have completed a transaction with you and may only be able to delete limited details since we may need to have an ongoing relationship with you in relation to service charges or maintenance.
Links to other websites
Head of Legal Services
Annington Homes Limited
1 James Street
More information regarding your rights can be obtained from:
The Information Commissioner's Office
Tel: 01625 545700*
*calls may be recorded